- Ole Miss School of Business
- Mississippi Angel Network
- Miss. Small Business Development Center
- Transactional Law Clinic
- UM Foundation
- Insight Park
- Division of Technology Management
- Haley Barbour Center for Mfg. Excellence
- Mississippi Development Authority
- Mississippi Small Business Development Center
- Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce
- North Mississippi Enterprise Initiative (NMEI)
Benton is co-Founder and partner at Gulf Point Advisors, a boutique investment advisory firm located in New Orleans, La. Benton has nearly 14 years of experience helping clients manage the ever-evolving complexities of their wealth. He specializes in working with high and ultra-high net worth families and owners of closely held/privately held businesses. His advice centers around liquidity management, liability management, and partnering with the right professionals around pre-transaction planning and estate planning.
Benton was born and raised in McComb, Miss. and attended the University of Mississippi, where he received his bachelor’s degree in economics. Benton is a board member of Young ACG New Orleans, the Ole Miss’ Center of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, and attends Church of the Resurrection. In his free time, he enjoys tennis, basketball and spending time with his wife Rachel and their sons, Benton, William, and Crawford.