- Ole Miss School of Business
- Mississippi Angel Network
- Miss. Small Business Development Center
- Transactional Law Clinic
- UM Foundation
- Insight Park
- Division of Technology Management
- Haley Barbour Center for Mfg. Excellence
- Mississippi Development Authority
- Mississippi Small Business Development Center
- Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce
- North Mississippi Enterprise Initiative (NMEI)
LandShark Tank Pitch Competition
Open to all university students nationwide, pitch your company in 1 minute. Convince the judges that your idea is the best and you are capable of executing this idea. This is a video pitch. Look at some excellent examples while you work on your pitch.
There is a single winner this year and a prize of $1000. That prize money will be sent to their university’s foundation to be distributed to you (or divided amongst a team) as a scholarship. You must be eligible to get a scholarship to win and we can only work with the foundation. If you’re at a college or university in the US, it shouldn’t be a problem.
A few rules:
- You need a new idea every time – you can’t pitch the same idea twice nor pitch something that was awarded prize money from the CIE in the past.
- If you enter the idea this year, that’s great and you’re eligible the first time you pitch the idea.
- We are looking for ideas that are possible, so build a focus on a great idea that you can produce into a great business.
- You (and one other teammate if appropriate) are the only things allowed in frames. Props, dressing up, gizmos are welcome but NO POWERPOINTS.
The judges are looking at:
- Is your idea addressing a clearly defined pain point?
- Does your idea solve that problem?
- Does your description have a clearly viable business within it?