- Ole Miss School of Business
- Mississippi Angel Network
- Miss. Small Business Development Center
- Transactional Law Clinic
- UM Foundation
- Insight Park
- Division of Technology Management
- Haley Barbour Center for Mfg. Excellence
- Mississippi Development Authority
- Mississippi Small Business Development Center
- Oxford-Lafayette County Chamber of Commerce
- North Mississippi Enterprise Initiative (NMEI)
LandShark Tank Pitch Competition
The pitch nights (see schedule) will be an opportunity for creative students to present their business concept in less than 2 minutes.
Convince the judges that your idea is the best and you are capable of executing this idea. If you do that better than everyone else, you will win. Each pitch will be followed by some coaching from faculty and local business people. We will also record each pitch and send you the file so that you can watch and critique yourself.
A few rules:
- You need a new idea every time – you can’t pitch the same idea twice nor pitch something that was entered into the Gillespie plan last year.
- If you enter the idea this year, that’s great and you’re eligible the first time you pitch the idea.
- We are looking for ideas that are possible, so build a focus on a great idea that you can produce into a great business.
- Props, dressing up, gizmos, are all welcome (NO POWERPOINT, NO VIDEOS)!
The judges are looking at:
- Is your idea addressing a clearly defined pain point?
- Does your idea solve that problem?
- Does your description have a clearly viable business within it?